Saturday, April 08, 2006

Bad Mom

Today I was a little frustrated and it caused me to overthink my situation. My daughter was in my face the whole day. I was getting annoyed, what parent wouldn't? I had spent some time with her, I took her outside and watched her play with her 'horsey'(horse cart) and her 'wee' (slide) and then of course the hours came and she kept throwing little fits here and there and I of course did not like that. I do not have alot of patience and I usually like to do peaceful things like work on my business ventures.

Well, I was thinking maybe I should have never been a mom. I am not good at this and maybe this isn't really meant for me but it just happened and I will probably be the mother she had wanted because I don't meet her needs and that I am just not cut out for this.

Well, after all the fits and whining throughout the day, right after my daughter's bath she was climbing on me kissing me and whispering in my ear to play fun with grandma.

Then, at that moment I realized I love my daughter and I would always want to be a mother especially to her, no matter what.

1 comment:

Lucia said...

Hi Jacquelyn:

Sorry this is a late post. I know exactly how you feel about that kind of situation. I have 2 little girls and they are constantly fighting. And the youngest is always getting physical with her sister who is 9. I get mad and yell and at times wonder why I have children and wish at times that I was single again. But when they come and tell me they love me, I wonder how I could have thought those thoughts ever. I think that is part of being a parent. And that is part of their growing up and of life. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Now my husband is another story.;) LOL LOL

Take care,
Lucia