Saturday, October 23, 2004

ARHHHHHHHHH!

God I wish I could move out, which is virtually impossible at least for another year. Being 22 with a child and living at home is just driving me crazy! I pay rent-thank goodness! I am going to have to find some way to supplement my income though. That will be a little hard considering the fact that I have no transportation.


Anyway, my checks barely cover rent and child care which only leaves me about 800 for the month. Now, I know how to budget and everything but when your a girl you want things and I do believe in making sacrifices when you have children but I won't be young forever.


I still feel like my mom is trying to control my life. Sometimes I think I would rather go back to Mexico with my husband just so I don't have to deal with my mother trying to take over the responsibility of my daughter. That is why it is really important to me that I have Financial Independence.

Jacquelyn

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Jacquelyn, I just want to tell you that I really admire you. Being a mom and being still so young isn't easy. I can't speak from my own experience but, let me tell you, I know it is really hard and, from what I read in your blog, you're not doing so bad.

At age 22 you've acomplished much more than what the average people will during the whole of their lives: you are starting your own business and you're building the foundation of another person, your daughter. You created another life! Most people don't even build their own.

I want you to know something that might encourage you. My mother had me and my sisters when she was very, very young. I'm 25, and by the time she was my age she already had three daughters. In countless ocasions she chose to give up other things a young woman like her would have enjoyed (like having the job she wanted, going out on trips with friends, buying nice new clothes) so that me and my sisters could have the bare necessities covered. I will never find a way to thank her enough for being a mother.... because all women are capable of giving birth, but only few are willing to become mothers.

I know that time doesn't come back, that the things you're missing out on right now won't happen again, but I also know that clothes, trips and jobs are all temporary... and the love you'll have from a child is something that you will have for the rest of your life.

Keep going! Greetings from México,

Eileen